The musician on glamour, effortless style, and being shallow
1) The outfit that works is the outfit that feels most comfortable. If you look in the mirror and something makes you uncomfortable, that thing will come back to haunt you later. What works is simplicity. If you’re unsure, simple is always the best way to go.
2) Some people have effortless style: I love Halle Berry, Gwen Stefani, Prince. They always look clean and fly. But honestly, all this stuff really doesn’t matter. All that matters is happiness and love. Getting too caught up in always looking good and being perfect only makes you shallow and unfulfilled.
3) I owe a lot to my stylist. He’s known me for years and has a natural feel for what makes me shine. Of course I’ve had plenty of fashion mistakes, but I’d rather focus on all the good things…
4) Armani is one of the best red-carpet designers. He knows how to make clothes that flatter a woman. I always feel totally comfortable, strong and unstoppable in his designs.
5) The most beautiful people are the ones whose glamour comes from within and shines to the outside. No amount of expensive outfits can do that for you! Find your own path – it’s not about pleasing anyone else.
- Keys puts gay rumour to rest with more refined style
Grammy-winner Alicia Keys believes she’s finally put gay rumours to rest after adopting a...
- Blog from Alicia: “No One” Video
Alicia wrote the following, before the VMAs, on her official site: 09/09/07 : “No...
- Alicia prefers to be alone
Alicia Keys has discovered she doesn’t need security men to follow her everywhere –...